Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sculpt symmetry not welding vertices

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
edfungus
362 Views, 2 Replies

Sculpt symmetry not welding vertices

Hello! I have two tubes in sculpt mode that I am trying to weld together via vertices. They both have symmetry down the middle and have been flatten to the same plane. When I weld one side of the model, the other side doesn't weld the same way. What is going on? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: edfungus

Please share your model. I believe this is a bug that I've come across before but did not report right away and then could not reproduce anymore.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
laughingcreek
in reply to: edfungus

t-spline symmetry has a number of issues along these lines.  we would call it a bug, AD would probably call it a limitation.  The biggest problem here is your connecting 2 separate bodies, each with their own symmetry planes.  to be fair, even if it did work directly the way your trying to do it, it could only work if the symmetry planes on each body were lined up.  which they are here, but they wouldn't necessarily be.

when you have issues with tspline symmetry, the only work around I have found is to clear the symmetry, carefully perform edits that maintain symmetry, and then re-establish symmetry.

here's a screen cast-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report