Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screwed up groups in time line

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
picadilly
378 Views, 6 Replies

screwed up groups in time line

Hi,

I am having something strange here.

If you click on the plus sign of the group named "Female erstellen"

picadilly_1-1628029466411.png

The group in that position will change its name to "Female Riffelung erstellen V2" and it will stay closed.

Instead the contents of "Female erstellen" will be shown further down the time line (marked with red circle).

picadilly_2-1628029752480.png

The next two groups will show a similiar behaviour. The rest of the file is fine.

I add my f3d-file. I hope, you will see the same thing. Otherwise you can have some of the stuff I smoke...

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mango.freund
in reply to: picadilly

Hello @picadilly  there is nothing out of the ordinary except "stop smoking!" when you go into the components that are included, of course the steps appear in the timeline. every component has its own timeline and in the highest (first) component all can be found at the same time. confusing, I agree with you. because you can group groups again. you can recognize this by the two different component colors.             greetings mango

Unbenannt.PNG

Message 3 of 7
picadilly
in reply to: mango.freund

@mango.freund  schrieb:

Hello @picadilly  there is nothing out of the ordinary except "stop smoking!" when you go into the components that are included, of course the steps appear in the timeline. every component has its own timeline and in the highest (first) component all can be found at the same time. confusing, I agree with you. because you can group groups again. you can recognize this by the two different component colors.             greetings mango

Unbenannt.PNG

Well, I tried to clean up the project and therefore rearranged the existing groups on the time line. Then the problem occured.

I went back a couple of versions in history and tried to redo. That came out fine. The time line looks very similiar:

picadilly_1-1628088469312.png

Nevertheless I do not have similiar problems.

I cant follow your explaniations either. I agree, that every component has its own time line, which you will see, when you select a component in the browser. But I did do that. I just tried to expand groups in the time line. And within the over all time line, there is only one sequence of events. you cannot group things together, which are not continous on the main time line.

Message 4 of 7
picadilly
in reply to: mango.freund

@mango.freund  schrieb:

Unbenannt.PNG

"because you can group groups again": I tried that in the main time line. How is that supposed to work?

Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling

Don't think you should be able to group groups. @jeff_strater something odd here I think or have i missed something in the way groups work?

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
TrippyLighting

While I have yet to take a closer look at the model and structure one thing I wanted to clarify is the statement that "each component has its own timeline".

While it appears that way when activating a component, technically that isn't true. Activating a component only filters the one and only timeline to show those features related to that component. That differentiation might not make any difference in most scenarios but it does in on some. 

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

I think there is a problem here, but I have not had time to investigate yet.  Will try to do so.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report