Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling text "B"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1104 Views, 3 Replies

Scaling text "B"

Hi,

I cant figure out how to do this.

I have a 80mm tall "B" that I have recessed into my top cover that is white PLA.  I want to make the opposite part in black PLA so I can insert it into the top cover.  Normally I would use offset and shrink the part 0.1/0.2mm so it 3D prints slightly smaller, but for text I cant seem to do this.

text-howto-B-shrink.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SaeedHamza
in reply to: Anonymous

The text is currently a limited tool in F360, so you need a work around at the moment

Create a text and then extrude it

Start a new sketch and project the extruded text so that you get it as lines (projection lines) and not a text

Hide the extruded body and select all the lines and right-click them, then select break link (not necessary but for better control of the sketch)

Now you can offset from them as a normal sketch

Regards

Message 3 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: SaeedHamza

There are a number of ways to do this.  You can try it in sketch, by "exploding" the text and using sketch offset, but I would not recommend that.  Instead, I would recommend extruding the text, then using Press/Pull to offset the side faces of the letter:

I realized after recording the video that there are several better ways to select the faces you need for this operation.  If you're interested, I can show them

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

Thanks, hopefully I will have a go with this in the next day or 2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report