Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scaling and good symmetry

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
753 Views, 13 Replies

scaling and good symmetry

hey guys,im pretty new to fusion and  i've been having a hard time scaling this to 17hx18wide. it was a svg and started at 1". ive tried non uniform scaling and everything else. the headlights will oval then i have to make new circles and the symmetry ends up looking crazy. if you want me to export the file from fusion so you can take a look or try just tell me how lol. Any help is appreciated thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys,im pretty new to fusion ...

I recommend starting with an easier project.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

thanks but ill go through the hell lol. Its just like anything its easy once learn it.  I'll be flying as soon as i get this scaled to size. i've scaled it so many times and it always looks weird. i know its possible cause i've seen other front ends look symmetrical on firepits.

Message 4 of 14
TheCADWhisperer

Do you know the formula for calculating scale factor?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

No, that would be awsome to learn though. If i use a scale factor of 3.3 it makes it 17.136 wide and 5.30 tall. the width will work but as soon as i go non uniform and go to 18 tall things get wierd.

Message 6 of 14
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

...but as soon as i go non uniform and go to 18 tall things get weird.

Why would you use non-uniform scale factor?

Is the original geometry non-uniform scale?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Idk its the only way i could get it to size. looking it get 17x18 inches. and its more wide than tall. when i scale it it goes 17 wide but only 5 inch tall.

Message 8 of 14
etfrench

What else would you expect it to do?

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
chrisplyler

@Anonymous wrote:

No, that would be awsome to learn though. If i use a scale factor of 3.3 it makes it 17.136 wide and 5.30 tall. the width will work but as soon as i go non uniform and go to 18 tall things get wierd.

Take a measurement between the points that you want to be 18" wide. Divide 18" by that measurement. Use the result as the scale factor. Like magic, those two points will become 18" apart.

I don't understand how you imagine something that fits in a rectangle can be made to fit almost in a square without distorting?

Message 10 of 14
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

...its more wide than tall.

Is this a school assignment project?

Where will you put the cab?

Are you going to put a lift kit on the suspension/frame?

Chevy Truck Cab.PNG

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

cool thanks. I guess a square body is the wrong vehicle to try this with.  These guys must know how to draw it to make it look good even though its a square. Thanks though. Atleast i'm not trying the impossible anymore.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Not a assignment i just want to cnc plasma cut a fire pit for when i go rock crawling in my k5. I only want the grill and bumper part then i'll draw in feet.

Message 13 of 14
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

...i go rock crawling in my k5.

Is it a chop-top?

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Its a 74, full convertible with the exception of my cage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report