Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling a T-spline sculpted body from a central location to fit another

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
728 Views, 2 Replies

Scaling a T-spline sculpted body from a central location to fit another

Hi Community,

I've just started using Fusion 360  to use the T-spline built-in software. I could work it quite well in rhino but since my trial version as ran out I'm trying to get use to Fusion. 

I'm struggling at a fundamental level to just fit accurately two bodies that I have sculpted in T-spline to each other. At the moment I am just doing it by eye but I would like to be a bit more accurate. Would that be possible?

Effectively I am modelling a flower in Fusion. I have the stalk coming up which is one object and then I have the petals that are meant to come out of the stalk. I am modelling it as surfaces only. Is it possible when moving a body to find the centre of a circular opening and move it in line to the centre of another body's opening? I'm not sure that makes sense, but please ask me more questions if necessary.

Finally, if I want to start a last t-spline object from the opening of a previously modelled Tspline how can I start from that circular edges in another "Create Form"?

I've attached my model so that anyone can clearly see the shapes I am working with.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

1st you should try to use quad geometry only.

Avoid triangles, which you used at the tip of the petals. Easy to fix, delete every second edge, which makes the tip faces quads.

You have a more than 5 sided N-Gon at the stem side of the petal. that might work in Fusion 360 but I would still not recommend it.

You would usually copy/paste geometry from one T-Spline into the next one if you want for them to match. In your esig. the stem and the petals have a differing edge count.

I would definitely avoid any parametric scaling when designing such objects.

You mention that you designed this as surfaces. What is your ultimate goal with these objects ?

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thank you for the great tips, I realise now that I might have been a bit careless when designing this flower. I've only started using Fusion last Thursday! 

I'll make the changes you have recommended and see how the rest of the model behaves after that. Is it a good rule of thumb to switch to box mode to check the geometry before doing anything else?

If I want them to match the "esig"? I have to apologise I don't know this term. Is it part of fusion? Ultimately I am trying to model the flower with all it's parts as separate elements as I am trying to create technical/botanical illustrations for my uni project. Instead of using pen and paper like usual botanist would do I'm remodeling it in 3D and generating illustrations from it.

An work in progress example is attached of what I am trying to get to.

The workflow work like the modelling part is done in fusion, create a mesh, export to Zbrush to reorganise the mesh into quad mesh then send it into Rhino to create 2D flat views then I use autocad to create the dimensions and scale and finally import everything into illustrator and finallise the image. I realise by writing this, it's actually a really long process.... Any chance I could do all that in fusion? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report