Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserved Parent file so cannot get latest and save

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
debiWD4ZQ
2099 Views, 14 Replies

Reserved Parent file so cannot get latest and save

Morning all, 

I have been working on Fusion 360 this morning and for many months, with no issues, then this morning, I update a assembly by pressing the yellow triangle, go to save the document, and it says the parent files are reserved due to another person using them. 

There is one other person with access, but they are logged out, and not using. They logged in to check and no files are open. 

I can work and save if I don't update the file, which is a temp work. Does anyone know how to fix it. 

I tried the text command which clears the cache, and it didn't seem to help. 

See attached pictures to show some of the messages. 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
AnandSomani
in reply to: debiWD4ZQ

Hi @debiWD4ZQ,

Sorry to see you're encountering this issue. This looks like a bug and is not expected.

Will you be able to invite me (anand<dot>somani<at>autodesk<dot>com) to the project? That'll really help us investigate the issue and see if there can be any workaround possible in the meantime.

Feel free to DM me or send me an email if you like.

Anand
(Autodesk Fusion Developer)
Message 3 of 15
debiWD4ZQ
in reply to: AnandSomani

Hi Anand, 

I have invited you to the project. 

ill email you which files i was having an issue with 

Message 4 of 15
AnandSomani

Thank you @debiWD4ZQ . 

Yes – I’m able to reproduce the issue on your design. We’re looking into why is that happening.

Update:

One workaround we've found is –

For the design having the issue, closing it and then reopening it after about a min should allow it to Save.

We're still looking into the core issue, but the workaround could allow you to continue working in the meantime. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Anand
Message 5 of 15
Claytonics
in reply to: AnandSomani

Having the same issue

Message 6 of 15
debiWD4ZQ

Just to update today. 

The work around does allow you to open, get latest, and save, sometimes. 
But when you add a new component to the asm, then it wont let you save. So i cannot make any additions. 

Hopefully you can find a soloution, as this is devasting for work flow. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Having the same issue...

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

Same problem here.  Something to do with the latest update (my Fusion updated today)?

Unable to save components and assemblies if I change something in the component.

I get "Cannot be saved" note, the modified part is marked as "reserved" and OK-button greyed out.

Workaround mentioned above does not work.

This is bad! I'm not able to do my work 😞 Hope this will be fixed asap !

Message 9 of 15
FuchsY8PA7

Same problem here, luckily the issue is known and already reported.

@AnandSomanican you give us informations in this thread when/if it is fixed or how we can fix it by our own?

I would really appriciate newest feedback to this issue/topic. Thank you very much 🙂

Have a nice day everybody!

Message 10 of 15
FuchsY8PA7
in reply to: FuchsY8PA7

Message 11 of 15
AnandSomani

Apologies to everyone who is encountering this issue.

We are actively working to get this issue addressed and push out a hotfix ASAP (as early as today).

----

In the meantime, couple of workarounds are mentioned in https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/i-can-t-use-cloud-render/td-p/10015181 – however, unfortunately they may not work 100% of the time. But might be worth giving a try if possible..

Another way mentioned in https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/design-quot-cannot-be-saved-quot-reservation-faile... is Breaking Links on the inserted parts in your design. That may get rid of the issue, but it may not be an acceptable solution for everyone since it removes the association with the part.

Anand
Message 12 of 15
AnandSomani

The issue has been addressed. Please take the latest Fusion 360 update (2.0.9640).

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/january-2021-product-update-whats-new/ 

Anand
Message 13 of 15
3dfix

i still have this issue 

Message 14 of 15
solomonQ893L
in reply to: 3dfix

Me as well very frustrating happens right before important deadlines as well.

Message 15 of 15
FuchsY8PA7

This issue might be connected to the language pack your are using. Try to change between your native laguage and english, might solve the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report