Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Component function not found on right click

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pedro
172 Views, 3 Replies

Replace Component function not found on right click

Hi Friends!

I need to replace one component (one PCB model that has had some components changed only) and i heard about the "Replace Component" fresh new function, however when i right click my component i cannot see this function. I checked and my F360 is latest version (Feb 2022). My component is not linked. Attached the image of my menu without the function. Does anyone know why it doesn't show? Thanks!

Pedro Silvano replace component.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hamid.sh.
in reply to: pedro

@pedro wrote:

... My component is not linked...

That's the reason! Replace Component works on external components. Also this page.

Hamid
Message 3 of 4
pedro
in reply to: hamid.sh.

Hmm i see... Bad news then, will have to manually replace. Well, thanks for your answer anyway!

Message 4 of 4
jody.smithFFAWA
in reply to: pedro

Just an FYI on this topic, if you use the "Insert McMaster Component" from the drop down it creates an internally referenced component, so you lose the capability to easily swap out hardware later using the new "Replace Component" capability". I am getting back into the habit of downloading the McMaster stps outside of Fusion and saving them where I want them then adding them to my assemblies as external components. Nothing is worse than when you have 20 screws or standoffs or whatever in an assembly and you need to add or subtract  .125" to all of them and you have to manually swap all of them out. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report