Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering transparent materials with coloured background

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1021 Views, 14 Replies

Rendering transparent materials with coloured background

Hi there, I'm new to Fusion 360 and am really liking it! But I'm having an issue with rendering - I'm trying to render glass and clear acrylic but the background colour (yellow) isn't showing through. How can I fix this please? Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Mike.Grau
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for your post in the Forum.

Could you please share a "Public Link" of your design via "Private Message" ?

I would like to check couple settings within the material browser.

Please, keep me updated.

Thanks,
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Mike.Grau

What was the solution to this problem? I am having the same issues with clear acrylic, I have tried adjusting the absorption distance. 

Message 4 of 15
jackmoor123

Any solution for this? Im having the same problem

Thank you.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: jackmoor123

No Solution provided, must be a bug.
Message 6 of 15
TrippyLighting

Try to put a colored plane behind the glass and see if that works. You can also adjust the absorption strength and color of the glass.

Don't rely on the ground plane.

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
MichaelT_123
in reply to: jackmoor123

Hi Mr JackMoor123,

Just to quench the curiosity ... I drafted a simplistic test comprising of a pair of three rotating RGB 'filters'. The file is attached. Play with it using _GlassX3 revolute joints and editing 'filters' and 'light' parameters.

My very rough assessment is that ... there is a parsec wide hole in the F360 rendering engine.

MixingColors.png

... but who knows, proper optical values could change the assessment ...

Regards

MichaelT

MichaelT
Message 8 of 15
rushabhthakkar_910

I have also noticed this same issue... After rendering, all the color look almost similar.. And we cannot differentiate between what color has been given to them...

Screenshot 2021-05-27 201218.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 9 of 15

Changing the absorption distance to 50 mm will result in a somewhat more "realistic' behavior.

Having hat said, the physical model used for refractive materials in Fusion 360 is very simple and not particularly physically accurate.

For accurate physical physical behavior the render engine in Fusion 360 would need to be a  unbiased spectral render engine such as LuxCoreRender, Indigo Renderer or Maxwell Render.

TrippyLighting_0-1622130265328.png

EESignature

Message 10 of 15

Yes it gives a little bit of realistic view on setting the Absorption Distance to 50mm.... 

@TrippyLighting wrote:

For accurate physical physical behavior the render engine in Fusion 360 would need to be a  unbiased spectral render engine such as LuxCoreRender, Indigo Renderer or Maxwell Render.

So Sir if we want to use these, Will we have to install them externally, and export the file, or as a Add-in or Extension...??

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Message 11 of 15

The only external render engine that has a functioning plugin for Fusion 360 is Keyshot.

However, Keyshot is pretty expensive IMHO.

I use .fbx as the export format. It allows to export assemblies and keeps the assembly structure. But it can only be exported through the web interface and does not allow any control over the resolution of the exported mesh. 

EESignature

Message 12 of 15

Thank You so much @TrippyLighting... 

I would like to try Keyshot, but as you said it is pretty expensive, I guess for some time I will have to use VRED or Rendering workspace in Fusion... 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Message 13 of 15

With an annual subscription price of $3,160.00 VRED is extremely expensive and out of the realm even of most professional CAD users. Let lone hobbyists.

EESignature

Message 14 of 15

But Sir I use an Educational License... 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Message 15 of 15

I had assumed you do.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report