Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering opalescent glass

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
578 Views, 4 Replies

Rendering opalescent glass

I'm working on making a custom material in Fusion to replicate some really cool glass I found from Kokomo Opalexcent Glass:

thumbnail_12312736310644bea11587c7e4

When I edit the glass material in Fusion, I only get the option to change the base color, not use an image for the texture. I've tried changing the Roughness and Relief Pattern images to this attached image, but it still doesn't look quite right:Glass render.PNG

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
colin.smith
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I couldn't find a better method than what you have.  I'll ask the rendering team to take a look and give suggestions if they have any.

Thanks

Colin

Colin Smith
Sr. Product Manager
SketchBook
Alias Create VR (aka Project Sugarhill)
Automotive & Conceptual Design Group
Message 3 of 5
barea88
in reply to: colin.smith

Hi,

I don't if you're still working on opalescent glass, as this looks like an old post, but I was able to recreate an opal style material appearance. First you have to modify the  physical glass material by applying an image of water image when modifying the  appearance. If you think of an opal in it's molecular/ physical structure  (trapped water in silica) applying a water-like appearance gives a more accurate rendering in fusion 360. So, I just downloaded some opal stock images and used my own photos for water (but I bet you can find some water images online as well). Hope that helps! Good luck! (and try and apply a blue colour to the opal/ (or orange for a fire opal appearance)

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 23.41.04 2.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 15.02.37.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 22.19.36 2.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 15.01.53.jpeg

Message 4 of 5
barea88

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 15.37.21.jpeg

Message 5 of 5
barea88

See my previous post! 🙂 Again, Good luck!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report