Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove fillet

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
robpage
37330 Views, 10 Replies

remove fillet

I made a fillet to a body.  I worked for a few hours, then decided I wanted to get rid of the fillet.  I can go back in the timeline and edit the fillet, sure, but that's not what I want.  I want it gone completely.  Is there a way to do that?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
michallach81
in reply to: robpage

You can delete fillet feature from the timeline or just pick the fillet and hit delete, this will add delete/remove the feature in the timeline.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 3 of 11
robpage
in reply to: michallach81

D'oh!  So simple.  I always see that "xDelete" and think it means to delete the body not a feature.  Have to keep reminding myself.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you, you saved my day!

@michallach81 wrote:

You can delete fillet feature from the timeline or just pick the fillet and hit delete, this will add delete/remove the feature in the timeline.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hello,

Delete Don't work for me 😞

(Error message : DeleteFace1 : Compute Failed)

I'm able to open "edit feature" and see my 0.5mm fillet,

but can't "remove selection" because that hide the "ok" button

and can't set it to 0.0mm

Message 6 of 11
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

(Error message : DeleteFace1 : Compute Failed)

I'm able to open "edit feature" and see my 0.5mm fillet,

but can't "remove selection" because that hide the "ok" button

and can't set it to 0.0mm

1. If you received that error message, then you probably have made something dependent upon that fillet further down stream in the time line. So if you delete the fillet face, whatever was dependent on it can no longer be calculated.

2. Instead of selecting the fillet face and hitting deleting that, you want to select the fillet FEATURE from your time line, and instead of editing it, delete it.

3. Of course you can't edit a fillet and set it's value to zero. In the same way that you can't create a new fillet feature with a value of zero, it just doesn't make sense.

Message 7 of 11
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

What if the model was imported from SolidWorks (I made the switch) so Fusion does not have a history timeline? 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

interested in exactly the same 🙂

Message 10 of 11
c2_exeger

Any news on this issue? I am programming  CAM in Fusion and have created features that I would like to remove in a later stage. Deleting feature makes the model corrupt. 

Message 11 of 11
davebYYPCU
in reply to: c2_exeger

Deleting feature makes the model corrupt. 

Common workflow puts fillets at the end of the timeline for this express reason, can be ignored by stepping the timeline back before the fillets.

For a fillet delete corrupting the file, means you have built later features using the fillet you want to delete. (Sight unseen - generalities can be off the mark.)

Might help....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report