Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about tools for deforming t-spline bodies

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rejajavit
541 Views, 9 Replies

Question about tools for deforming t-spline bodies

Sorry for the offtops, as I don't know where to write this in the forum. Why developers still have not added deformation tools for t-spline bodies, although these ideas were accepted and promised to add this tool (Link: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-archived/lattice-bend-twist-etc-for-t-splines/... )?? By the way, I suggest that developers transfer absolutely all tools and settings from alias speedform, such as the "Cut" tool to add cutouts to bodies, the "Insert edge ring" tool to insert a new loop without selections, "Detach faces" to separate individual faces, etc.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rejajavit
in reply to: rejajavit

Alo, where's the answer? I'm waiting for an answer from the developers

Message 3 of 10
rejajavit

And how do you get a response from the developers, instead of stupid ignoring?

Message 4 of 10
TrippyLighting

If you contribute more to the forum - helping other users - then that usually helps your visibility more than derogative language such as "stupid ignoring".

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
jeff_strater

@TrippyLighting is right - this is a professional forum, and insulting language has no place here.  Please adjust your tone in future posts, whether directed at Autodesk employees or other community members.

The answer to your question is, basically, there are other higher priority tasks to work on.  It takes time and resources to productize, test, and document even some functionality that was prototyped for Speedform.  This is not a trivial exercise, and our resources are limited.  These tools are on our roadmap, and will likely eventually make their way into the product, but for now, this is not an urgent priority.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 10
rejajavit
in reply to: jeff_strater

I see, but still there are questions and wishes:
1. Why aren't some Inventor Fusion developments used in Fusion 360, such as the "Body constraint" tool that creates constraints in solids, or the "Edit edge" tool that allows you to distort body edges?
2. Why doesn't the "Circular pattern" tool have a setting that doesn't rotate copies around the selected thing?
And why copying tools like "Rectangular pattern", "Circular pattern" and "Pattern on path" do not have the ability to automatically merge into one solid model, although this setting was in Inventor Fusion.
4. Will absolutely all tools from Speedform be migrated soon?
5. Will there be support for closed loop edges for the "Edit by curve" tool???
6. I would like to see a separate t-spline polygon extrusion tool, but with settings like number of segments, ability to extrude polygons individually, etc.
7. Same with the extrusion tool for extruding inside a polygon.
8. I want Bridge with a smooth transition (not linear), but without using curves.
9. Is it worth waiting for tools for deforming solids (Bend from Inventor, for example)?
10. Where can I write suggestions to the developers?
11. Will there ever be an addition of the Russian language in Fusion 360?
I would be grateful if the answer to all questions.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Message 7 of 10
jeff_strater

The answer to all of these is the same.  It's all a question of priority.  We all "want" a lot of things, but our capacity to do things is limited, and we have to choose the projects that benefit the most customers, fit in with the long term strategy, etc.  Unfortunately, none of the items on this list is in our immediate plans.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 8 of 10
rejajavit
in reply to: jeff_strater

And what projects do you choose to develop Fusion 360 updates?
P.S. It's sad that some Inventor fusion work has been scrapped, such as "Body constraint" or tools for deforming and moving solid bodies.

Message 9 of 10
rejajavit

Where can I write suggestions to the developers?

Message 10 of 10
TrippyLighting

@rejajavit wrote:

Where can I write suggestions to the developers?

As isn't particularly hard to figure out, Jeff is one of the Fusion 360 team members.

While he isn't driving what features are implemented in which order, he is a senior software architect on the Fusion 360 team .

I think he's been pretty clear as to what is on the roadmap.

Just to be clear, I would also very much like to see the tool set form Alias Speedform in Fusion 360.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report