Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Salvador will not load on Mac mini

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
chris_heath01
384 Views, 11 Replies

Project Salvador will not load on Mac mini

I have a Mac mini with an A1 processor, have tried to install Salvador but get an error message saying that there is a problem and to contact the developers.  Anyone else having the same problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I wonder if the Project has been pulled? I received a Survey invite re the Project yesterday but it wasn't written in the past tense.

Message 3 of 12
Phil.E
in reply to: chris_heath01

Some users have reported issues with mac installation, from what we have gathered from their feedback is they are picking an installation location that doesn't work with Fusion.

Can you try using these instructions? Please let me know if that helps.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 12
chris_heath01
in reply to: Phil.E

Have tried to do this manually as described but I can not extract the files from the .PKG file. I can see the contents but can't select and move them. Also there are so many files and folders - which ones do I actually need.  It would be much easier if the script ran correctly. 

Message 5 of 12
Phil.E

All the reports so far of this have been tracked back to installation errors on the hardware, but not an installer bug.

Here is a video of installing Project Salvador on an M1 mini.

• Mac version is downloaded
  • Installation is in default installation location
  • When Fusion is launched it is running on the design toolbar

Can you make a video of your installation process so I can see where it differs from this?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 12

Hi Phil.  Thanks for the screen recording, however this is not my experience, See attached recording.  Not sure what to do now?

Message 7 of 12
Phil.E

Okay well that eliminates problems caused by custom installation locations.

The only other solution reported by other customers is reinstall of Fusion. We think this is related to older Fusion installations from when Fusion was called Fusion 360.

First try the uninstall method in the service utility:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Overview-of-Fusion...

Then reinstall Fusion from accounts.autodesk.com (products and services page) The link is on the user menu upper right corner.

PhilE_0-1720016631699.png

If that fails to produce results, a manual clean reinstall would be next. Sorry for the inconvenience while we sort out why this fails for some customers such as yourself.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12

Ok thanks. I have an Insider version but will give it a go - Will let you know how I get on.

Message 9 of 12
Phil.E

It would be good to know if it fails with Fusion Insider and succeeds with regular Fusion commercial build.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 12
Phil.E

Here is a knowledge article with the instructions, for anyone else who comes to this post looking for help.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Error-during-installation-when-installing-an-add-in-for-Fusio...

If these instructions work for you, please mark this response as a solution for others.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
chris_heath01
in reply to: Phil.E

Well I removed Fusion 360 Insider and installed a clean version of  Fusion -  Fusion is taking ages to reload my current designs.

Tried to install the Salvador package with the same result 

Are there any log files that could help ?  

I have 48 GB free on the hard disk so I don't think that that is the problem.   I run Total AV antivirus - but it has never cased a problem before

Message 12 of 12
Phil.E

Thanks again for your patience.

One factor I haven't yet tracked down is installation on a case-sensitive drive. Do you happen to know if your hard drive is case-sensitive?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report