Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production shop asking for a curve instead of a spline

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scottgt4
263 Views, 2 Replies

Production shop asking for a curve instead of a spline

Hi All,

I exported the attached file as a STEP file to an engineering shop to bend the material and then cut the holes as specified in the drawing (50mmx10mm steel).

The shop has come back and advised that the curves on the model are splines (which is how I drew them) and asked if there is any chance I can send back as curves. They advise that a spline is a series of blended curves and because the curves are blended their software can’t define where the bend would start and finish.

Can anyone please let me know how I can fix my design so it is a curve? Getting the curve as specified took some effort and needs to be identical - the only way I knew how to achieve this was using the spline tool. Is the "Arc" tool correct one to use? If so how do I get the identical result?

I am a beginner with Fusion 360 and appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
g-andresen
in reply to: scottgt4

Hi,

try "DXF Spline to Polyline"

günther

Message 3 of 3
scottgt4
in reply to: g-andresen

Thank you guenther that seems to have worked. I have resent the files after correcting using this app. Much appreciated. Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report