Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems filleting this webbed rib between multiple faces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
martijnvdwoude
201 Views, 2 Replies

Problems filleting this webbed rib between multiple faces

Hello!

I'm trying to achieve the following "webbed" fillet. A fillet between three faces.

I have two pipes connected at an angle to each other, and have created the webbing/rib between them using a sketch and the Rib command. Now I'm trying to create a smooth fillet in that corner so everything blends together like in this example photo. But no matter what I try I just can't create these fillets. I always get errors, no matter in what order I try to apply them or with what settings (variable fillets, very small values et cetera). It seems I can only create a fillet on either one of the edges, but when I apply one on the other they all break. Is it the sharp corners or what is the problem here?

Is fillet the right tool for the job? Is there another way I can easily create smooth transitions between these edges/faces?

My project is attached. Thanks.

web.jpg

screenshot3.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davebYYPCU
in reply to: martijnvdwoude

Put the required fillet before the 1st one you did, 

Works but no size stated, 2mm looks ugly, went for 1mm.

nsiwywdb.PNG

Might help...

Message 3 of 3
martijnvdwoude
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thanks! That wasn't exactly what I wanted. But I figured it out now.

I managed to get my desired result by first applying the main fillet between the pipes. Then using surface tools splitting the face of the fillet using an offset plane from the rib. Making a 3d sketch of the fillet and using Patch in that corner.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report