Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Rigid Joint

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vcutajar
257 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with Rigid Joint

Hi

Help please.

I have two components which I would like to join together with a Rigid Joint.  File is attached.

The cranckshaft has a 3mm through hole for a future dowel pin.

The flywheel hub also has a 3mm though hole for the same dowel pin.

I would like to join both components with a Rigid Joint so that all holes line up.  I have used a simple joint and managed to get the holes lined up but the crankshaft does not remain concentric with the hole of the flywheel hub.  It is very slightly offset to one side.  I am suspecting that this is because the hole are on a circular face.  I am sure that there is a simple solution but for the life of me I can't see it.

Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Vince

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: vcutajar

Hi,

Try this:

For secure positioning, I would create a joint origin in the centre of the bore axis.
To do this, copy the radius, refer the origin to the circle in sketch 7 and move it by the radius value (paste).
Finally, a rigid joint has to be created.

günther

Message 3 of 6
vcutajar
in reply to: g-andresen

Many thanks.  Worked like a charm.  I suspected it had to do with a joint origin but had not clue how to create it.

Vince

Message 4 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

It also works without a joint origin.
However, it is important that the reference is made to the circle (sketch 7)  on the tangential plane and not to the hole in the solid.

günther

Message 5 of 6
g-andresen

Hi,

In the screencast, I show how you can create the rigid joint directly with an existing point without measuring a distance.

günther

Message 6 of 6
vcutajar
in reply to: g-andresen

Thanks for showing me another method.  Took a while to understand.

Vince

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report