Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with finishing a form.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lukas.dadax
457 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with finishing a form.

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 17.27.54.pngHi, I am new to Fusion 360 and I have a problem with finishing a form because there's an error and I don't know how to solve it. Can someone please help me if it's possible? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: lukas.dadax

Hi,

Please upload the file.

File > export > save as f3d locally  > attach it to the next post.

günther

Message 3 of 7

The message box clearly instructed you to review he form in Box view mode. Did you do that ?

This is a problem with self intersection geometry and usually very easy to see in box view mode.

You can change the view mode when in the sculpt workspace :

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 1.51.41 PM.png

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

I've already viewed it in the box mode and I don't know how to solve the problem. Here is the file.

Message 5 of 7

This is in need of quite a few fixes. To avoid such things in the future here a guideline for modeling in T-Splines :

1. Model in quad faces only. Qua faces meaning polygons with 4 vertices and 4 edges. 5 work OK as well, but as a beginner work with 4-sided polygons only. You should NEVER use triangles.
  2. Work mostly in box view mode and check the final form in smooth view mode, not the other way around. If you modify something in smooth view mode then check and adjust it in box view mode.
  3. Model with as few polggos as you can. So fa this actually looks fairly OK in your model If you find that you need to stretch polygons to high aspect ratios to achieve a shape, that is an indication that you need to add ages/polygons.

I'll see what I can do.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

You can see in the screencast that there is a good bit of work done and I get it cleaned up and converted. However, there is more work to do to create paper edge flow.

Model is attached.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

WOW, thank you sooo much this really helped me. I need to watch that video and learn those skills. I didn't expect you doing this much work on my stupid boat model. Thank you! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report