Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perspective line drawings

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
james.mattson
5897 Views, 25 Replies

Perspective line drawings

I understand that the drawing workspace only supports orthographic views of your model. I am trying to create assembly instructions for a product and would like to be able to create perspective view line drawings. Ultimately they will be cleaned up in Adobe Illustrator and then used as a part of a InDesign file. Does anyone have a good workflow for creating these inside or outside of Fusion360? 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
wsmoy
in reply to: james.mattson

Chiming in to keep the thread alive. Consider me another person interested. This is useful to anyone who makes consumer products.

The only thing that makes me optimistic for the intermediate future is that it's finally on the team's Mural. That being said, it's disappointing that the Views category has gotten relatively little love in prior 3 years, despite a post in 2019 getting us excited for faster changes coming in the "next 12-18 months".

I get that software dev can be thankless, and the roadmap is never as straightforward as one anticipates. I do appreciate the improvements we have gotten, things are admittedly a lot better year after year. Just please don't leave us hanging on this one this time.

Message 22 of 26

Bump, any chance of getting this feature implemented? Seems like a number of years since the request went in!

Message 23 of 26

Hi @Heavy_Industry 

Every customer request that we get, from meetings, emails, forum posts etc. gets collected and categorized in our feature request database. This information is used to prioritize the features that we build. Perspective Views, is one of the most highly requested 2D drawings features.

The good news, is that this feature has been in development for several months. We plan to deliver it soon. Keep an eye on the public roadmap (link to signup in my signature below) for updates.

Message 24 of 26
alan
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Thanks Clint. I appreciate it!

Message 25 of 26

+1, this is a very much needed feature for me also. My current work around is design viewport "capture image", however this is certainly a poor work around as it is not possible to directly obtain vector lines.

Message 26 of 26

Just realized, it has been added! Brilliant! Bravo folks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report