Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Tool Overflow

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
287 Views, 7 Replies

Pattern Tool Overflow

Hello,

I'm trying to place dimples on the face of an object by using the pattern tool. I'd like to cover the entire face but when I try to get to the edges of the circle inevitably some of the duplicated features hang over the edge of the object. I'd like them to extend just to the end of the object. If only a part of the feature is on the object, I'd like the part that is not on the object to be removed. I'd also like to know how to do this on a surface that is not flat. Whats the best way of going about this?

Thanks

Jon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Sure. Attached. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
etfrench

Use the Suppress option in the pattern dialog.  You'll need to uncheck each unwanted copy.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
TheCADWhisperer

Your sketches are not dimensioned - so the first thing I will have to do is fully define your geometry...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Will this work if part of the feature hangs off the edge. Those duplicated features on the threshold should be cut at the treshold and be partially present and partially removed.

Message 7 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

I prefer this*:

faces vs._ features.gif

günther

* cut parts are no eye catcher

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

Awesome. That works perfect. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report