Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part #s instead of bubbles and table

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Leo_Dyn
445 Views, 10 Replies

Part #s instead of bubbles and table

Does anyone know if there is a way when creating an assembly drawing to use part numbers, rather than bubble #'s that you then need to have a table on the page to identify those parts? I know you can do it manually by just using a note, but it'd be nice if there were a way to place a leader that auto linked the part # itself rather than a bubble. Just hoping I am missing something!

I know older Autodesk programs had that option. Is this something that is just not in Fusion yet?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Pramod.kadam
in reply to: Leo_Dyn

Hi @Leo_Dyn 

Thanks for your feedback/question.

At present there is no way to add leader that auto linked the part # in Fusion. 

This can be achieved by few different ways (manually):

1. Add manually using Note command

2. Renumber the balloons to the part numbers (Limitation:  It can be 5 digit numeric value only), the advantage of this option would be, that part will be numbered same across sheets if same reference is present in different sheets so there is no need of manually renumbering that part on different sheets.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Pramod Kadam
Product Owner
Fusion 360 Drawings
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 11
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: Pramod.kadam

Hi @Leo_Dyn 

Every customer request that we get, from meetings, emails, forum posts etc. gets collected and categorised in our feature request database. This information is used to prioritise the features that we build next. I've added your request to our database.

If you're up for it, here is a link to my calendar, please book a session with me, I can show you what we're building over Zoom. We can chat about your requirements for this feature, and I can give you a sneak peek at some of the upcoming projects that we are working on.

Message 4 of 11
brett2DW85
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Is there a notice board or similar place to post requests to?

Message 5 of 11
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: brett2DW85

Hi @brett2DW85 

There are several ways to share feedback and feature requests. Every customer request that we get, from meetings, emails, forum posts etc. gets collected and categorised in our feature request database. This information is used to prioritise the features that we build next.

You can share your requests here, you can email me directly with requests, Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com. Or you can book a Zoom session with us to discuss your workflows and requirements. Here is a link to my calendar, please book a session, we'd love to hear from you!

Message 6 of 11
Leo_Dyn
in reply to: Pramod.kadam

Thanks for the reply, as our numbers are alpha-numeric it sounds like we'll need to just use tables/balloons as much as possible and manual leaders on other occasions.

Hopefully we get the other option at some point.

Hmm, can we currently have assembly with balloons on one page and then the table on a second page? That would certainly be a nice step between the two. Usually the only reason I don't want the table is space constraints. Just not enough room to have both a table and the assembly at a decent reading size.

Message 7 of 11
ClintBrown3D

Hi @Leo_Dyn 

This might help you, here's how you put a table on another page.

2022-04-21_07h01_58.gif

To keep the view on the first page in sync with the table, make sure you choose the same reference when placing the table:

ClintBrown3D_0-1650521159090.png

Message 8 of 11
Leo_Dyn

Thanks @ClintBrown3D 

I'm gonna give this a try in a little bit.

What it looks like you are doing, if I'm guessing correctly, is putting a table on the first page. Then putting the same table on a second page. Finally, going back and deleting the table from the first page. Is that correct?

Is there also a way to have tables span multiple pages if they would not fit on one page? I do know how to grab the triangle to stretch tables into multiple columns, but even then I've had some tables have too many entries to fit on a page.

Thanks for your time!

Message 9 of 11
ClintBrown3D

Hi @Leo_Dyn 

At the moment, you cannot split a table across multiple sheets. Making the Sheet larger, or changing the text height group might help.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 11
Leo_Dyn

Thanks, I'll likely try the larger sheet method. I already change the text height group for almost every table.

Incidentally, is it just me, or is there a slight bug where the row heights don't size appropriately until after you change the text height?

Every table I place, even if I am happy with the current text height, I need to go change the text height to a different size, then change it back for the table to look "right".

Message 11 of 11
brett2DW85

Thanks Clint, I have created a post so hopefully it gets picked up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report