Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a file from Autocad to Fusion 360 increases model measurements

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
974 Views, 8 Replies

Opening a file from Autocad to Fusion 360 increases model measurements

Hi,

I would like to ask some help on, Why is it that anytime I open .dwg .sat .igs . iges files from AutoCAD to Fusion 360 the measurements INCREASE or changes.

What setting or techniques should I use? (I have attached some images with measurements)
Please Help.
17 x 13 mm17 x 13 mm447 x 311 mm447 x 311 mm

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
lichtzeichenanlage
in reply to: Anonymous

17.6341in = 447.906514mm. Looks like you're just have to change the document settings in Fusion.

Message 3 of 9
HughesTooling

In AutoCAD you need to set the document units to mm, not sure how that's done now, not used AutoCAD for years. @TheCADWhisperer has helped on this in the past.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9

@HughesTooling: Just a thought: Wouldn't it also help to switch the document units in Fusion 360 after the import? 

Message 5 of 9

@lichtzeichenanlage If you look at th OPs first image it is in mm in AutoCAD and when opened in Fusion it's scaled up by 25.4mm so setting the document in AutoCAD or scaling down in Fusion are the only real options.

Mark

EDIT Actually Fusion normally assumes unitless drawing are in CM so I wouldn't be surprised if @Anonymous has his document set to inches in AutoCAD.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Okay - I missed to descriptions below the images. I thought just the dimension weren't shown. It's just not my weather right now 😉

Message 7 of 9
TheCADWhisperer

What does the ~dwgunits command report in AutoCAD?

Message 8 of 9

Oops, that should have been -dwgunits (with the preceding - sign).

Sorry, I was responding from tiny iPad earlier and hit wrong button.

AutoCAD UnitsAutoCAD Units

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

Thank you. I believe I need more familiarity in import setup for Fusion 360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report