Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only way to quit Fusion360 is to Force quit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2821 Views, 8 Replies

Only way to quit Fusion360 is to Force quit

Hi,

When I press Cmd+Q to quit Fusion 360 it gets unresponsive. Same thing if I go menu "Fusion 360 / Quit Fusion 360" The only way to quit is to actually Force quit. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Is there anything I can do on my side, or should I just wait for an update to fix this bug?

Thanks, Andrej

Using OS X 10.10 Yosemite

MBP Retina mid 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ahsan.autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for reporting this Andrej.

Can you please send us the full error report that gets generated when you force quit Fusion?

Alternatively, you can start the close of Fusion, bring up Activity Monitor (from Application->Utilities), take a "Sample" of the Fusion process, and send us the full report. This will help us in debugging the issue.

Thx for your help

Ahsan (Fusion 360 Data Model)

Ahsan Ali
Fusion Senior Software Architect
Message 3 of 9
Oceanconcepts

See this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketching-sculpting-modeling-and/can-only-seem-to-force-quit/td-p/5266...

I've been working with the Fusion team on this issue, and there is the possibility of a fix in the next update. It also may be that Wacom drivers were causing trouble- we are checking that now by my removing them. But I see this very consistently. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ahsan.autodesk

Hi,

The error report is included in the attachment.

Br, Andrej

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I've taken a sample using "Activity Monitor" when Fusion360 was in "Not responding" mode. The file is attached.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hi Ron,

I can confirm that I've been using Bamboo Wacom a long time ago and still have some Wacom software installed. I'll try to remove Wacom drivers, but first have to figure how to locate / remove them.

Thanks, Andrej

Message 7 of 9
ahsan.autodesk

Hi Andrej,

I see that this is the same issue as being reported by O.Tan here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-fusion-360-questions/fusion-refuse-or-fails-to-quit-properly/t... I've engaged the internal team responsible for this. Hopefully, they'll have some resolution in an upcoming release. In the meantime, I'm also looking for a workaround for this issue.

Regards,

Ahsan Ali
Message 8 of 9

Hi Andrej,

Can you please try out this workaround and let me know if it works for you:

- On the Preferences dialog, go to "Data Collection and Use"

- Turn off "Desktop Analytics" and "Google Analytics"

Run the software as usual and let me know if you still see the crash. We'll try to work on the real fix in an upcoming release.

Thx and regards,

Ahsan Ali
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Ahsanali,

Yes, it works. I've disabled "Desktop analytics" and "Google analytics". After trying few times I can confirm this workaround works ok.

Thanks, Andrej

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report