Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset multiple sketch curves

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
7P332B5QTVW4MF
3401 Views, 10 Replies

Offset multiple sketch curves

I have multiple closed sketch curves that I would like to offset. The offset tool asks me to select "Sketch curves" but only one curve may be selected at a time. I can't click or drag to select any more than one continuous sketch curve, with or without chain selection. Am I missing something? Usually holding CTRL allows me to select multiple entities when working with dialog boxes, but here I would need to offset 2 or 100 sketch curves one by one.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

You can only offset one sketch curve at a time.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
SaeedHamza
in reply to: 7P332B5QTVW4MF

Hi,

The best thing the offset command can give you is to offset a chained selection, so if the sketch curves are not connected, you'll have to repeat the command

Regards

Message 4 of 11
lussiera
in reply to: SaeedHamza

I am having similar issues. I created sketches on multiple planes by intersecting a body on each of them. Some of the profiles come out perfectly and I can offset them using the "chain selection" option and it works perfectly. Some profiles appear closed but the chain selection option does not work (only a few adjacent segments are selected). The worst profiles come out NOT closed and I am in even worst shape when trying to offset them.

I am trying to create cross sections of a hollow surfboard. It is build like an airplane wing. I create the surfboard shell, then intersect this shell with planes that I have created along the length of the board. The resulting sketches represent "ribs" (like spars in an airplane wing). I want to additionally process these sketches by offsetting the perimeter to create holes that will lighten each rib. This is where I run into problems. A few of the sketches can be offset easily using the chain selection option. Others... Not so much.

This one is behaving:

behaving.png

This one is not behaving:

NotBehaving.png

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

This is ridiculous, completely 

Message 6 of 11
SaeedHamza
in reply to: Anonymous

It's been a while since I posted anything in the community.

But your reply got me curious, what is so ridiculous for you? 

@Anonymous wrote:

This is ridiculous, completely 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Being unable to select multiple profiles to offset at once! I have been designing a battery pack and cells are not arranged in a pattern but i wanted to offset a sketch for the casing, 50 offset operations later ...
Message 8 of 11

Can you share the design ?

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
SaeedHamza

Yes it's gonna be a pain to do so with the current offset provided in F360,
but the F360 team is so open to any suggestion the users might provide,
that's why it's a good idea to leave a comment on the Idea Station so that
they know what the users need.

Regards
Message 10 of 11
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous 

I suspect that there is a more logical technique.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 11 of 11

The Idea Station is defunct and out of commission by now. The Feedback Hub allows users to provide feedback on topics chosen by AD employees.

The offset tool certainly can be improved, but this particular topic does not come up very often. The sketch engine needs more urgent improvements and debugging in other areas. I personally don't see this functionality being added anytime soon.

A little bit of repetitve work shouldn't cause such an outrage, as long as it works.

More mature CAD software might offer this, but then that goes along with much higher price tags, so pick your poison!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report