Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset faces on a lofted body

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
558 Views, 1 Reply

Offset faces on a lofted body

Hi everyone!

I have a project where i loft between two surfaces. After that I have used offset faces (3 mm) and that has worked fine. But when I modified my loft and use Direction instead of Connected (see screenshot), the subsequent offset faces no longer works. I get the error message:

Error: The operation could not create a valid result.
Try adjusting the values or changing the inputs.

I find this quite strange as the shape has no thing parts and offsetting 3 mm should produce no intersections.

So I tried creating a simple loft in a new project (attached): just a loft between a circle and a square, where one is Connected and the other uses Direction. And sure enough, it will not let me offset or shell outwards, even a tiny (relative) distance.

I can't figure out why? The geometry SHOULD allow for it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pradipio
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous , 

Thank you for posting your question in the Fusion forum.

I had taken a look into and attached Model and found that in the 'shell1' the whole body is selected I had change the selections for 2 faces, and now shell looks fine and Also, able to change the loft > direction distance.

Just take a look into the attached images and file in the link. 

FO_Loft.PNG

Please accept the solution if it works for you.

-------------------------------------------------
THANKS
Pradip Mistry

”Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report