Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Update crashes

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
835 Views, 9 Replies

November Update crashes

Hi, I am wondering when the next fusion update might be released. I rely on fusion for my job and I can barely get anything done because the program crashes dozens of times every time I use it. 

Thanks. 

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi benlorimore,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced such troubles. We’d like to assist you to get Fusion running on your computer.

Are you working on a PC or Mac? If the latter, here is a known issue we recently discovered that the gesture-based navigation may cause random crashes. You may refer to the link below for the workaround: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/crash-on-mac-with-gesture-based-navigation/td...

If it doesn’t help, could you submit the crash reports when it happens? The reports are very helpful for us to identify the root cause of the crashes. If you already submitted the reports, could you share me the email address you typed in the reports so we can check if they are known issues and see if there is any workaround?

CER.png

Thanks for your patience,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I have sent many many reports under benlorimore@gmail.com , thanks for the tip I'll try it out and let you know
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

And I'm working on the latest 13in macbook retina
Message 5 of 10
NicolasXu

Hi benlorimore,

Thanks for the information. I searched the reports you submitted. Some of them are known issues and could be related to the option of “gesture-based navigation”. Please let us konw if it makes any differences. 

For other “unknown” issues, we’re still trying to understand and identify the reproducible steps. Please continue submitting the reports when you encounter, the information is very important for us to understand the stability of the product and improve it.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: NicolasXu

Thank you so much, this has saved me!

Message 7 of 10
NicolasXu

Great news! Thanks for following up with us on that.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 10
jbrewlet
in reply to: NicolasXu

I am having a large amount of crashes in the same manner. I have no idea what is causing them, it could be zooming with teh scroll wheel, moving the mouse after a slight pause or just selecting something in the browser tree and I'll just lose the entire program after a short spinning wheel.

I'm on most updated OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 - 27" iMac 24gb... I can't imagine it should crash this often for seemingly no reason.

Love some feedback like the original poster on my feedback I've submitted.

Message 9 of 10
chengyun.yang
in reply to: jbrewlet

@jbrewlet,

Your crash might be related to OpenGL core profile driver issue that we are looking at right now. Can you please try to switch your graphics card driver to OpenGL to see if your crash problems are gone? You can do that by going to Fusion Preference Dialog->Graphics Driver and change it from Auto Select to OpenGL. 

Thanks

Chengyun

Fusion Development Team

Message 10 of 10
jbrewlet
in reply to: chengyun.yang

Thanks for the prompt reply Chengyun. I'll try that and hope to see some good results! I'm a big fan of Fusion, it's been a God-send for my tiny product design business in contrast to the big name expensive software!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report