Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Manifold Edges All Of A Sudden

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
michael_ray_neal
549 Views, 5 Replies

Non-Manifold Edges All Of A Sudden

Using Fusion 360 and Bambu Studio (slicer) both are the latest versions.

All of a sudden Im getting Error 4 Non-Manifold Edges when I import my .STEP file in from Fusion 360 to Bambu Studio slicer (3d Printing). The design was a previously design file and printed multiple time with no errors in the past. Something had to change as the design file (.f3d and .step file) didn’t change. I remember getting a notice to update in the last 2 weeks and I did, but today is the first time I printed this model in a while.

Note that I can create a very simple model with two circles (one on one plane and the other on an offset plane. Then loft the two circles and still get the same issue when I load the .step file into Studio. This is a weird one and a fist for me.  Hopefully someone out there can shed some light on to what is happening. PS, I create a bunch of designs in Fusion and I think Im pretty good of making all my sketches fully constrained.....files attached if you want to take a look.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I think this is going to be a bambu problem.  I exported the body as a mesh and analyzed it in mesh mixer and it looks fine.  not non manifold edges.  also brought it into my current slicer (chitubox) and didn't have any problems there either.

Message 3 of 6

This is what I get importing the STEP file into Rhino. Rhino did complain about the import having a nested block because you have a component with the sketch and the body in the main component but there's no problem with the solid body.

HughesTooling_0-1716474934403.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

For my knowledge, what sketch and what body are you speaking of? Did I or am I designing wrong here as I have a Main Component called Mike's Truck iPhone Holder and then two different Sub-Components underneath of the Main Component.

Message 5 of 6

@michael_ray_neal wrote:

For my knowledge, what sketch and what body are you speaking of? Did I or am I designing wrong here as I have a Main Component called Mike's Truck iPhone Holder and then two different Sub-Components underneath of the Main Component.

In the design you shared you had the sketch in the component but created the body in the main component. Normally for an assembly You'd create the sketches and body in the same component. Another workflow would be create the sketches in the main component then create components for the individual bodies in the assembly, the opposite to what you shared. Take a look through the Rule #1 thread for more info.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Yep that was the issue.  If you don't watch it you will create items underneath the wrong Component.  I redesigned it as moving sometimes doesn't work.  All is fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report