Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie: Line issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
741 Views, 8 Replies

Newbie: Line issue

Hello,

I am having a bit of confusion over the line tool. When I use it the angle is measured from the right of the line drawn, but the videos I have seen online show the angled measured from the lift of the line. Is this just a setting in software I need to adjust?

Thank you.

John

PS. - Sorry if this shows up as a double post.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wmhazzard
in reply to: Anonymous

It is not clear what your problem is, can you insert a couple of screen shots of the problem. 

Message 3 of 9
jhackney1972

Does it really make a difference?  The angle is measured from the Positive side of the axis from the Origin.  So it you start your sketch on the X-Y Plane, the Positive X axis is to your right so the angle is measured counter-clockwise.  All CAD application follow the Right - Hand Rule.  Hold your right hand up, palm toward you, middle finger pointing toward you (positive Z), index finger pointing up (positive Y), and thumb pointing to the right (positive X), you have the right hand rule.  If you take your right had and point your thumb toward you (positive Z) and roll your fingers you show the positive rotation angle which is counter-clockwise.

There is no switch to reverse this setting.  You of course can rotate the plane 180 degrees if you want but why?

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: wmhazzard

Thanks. Please see attached.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

It may seem a minor thing, but I am finding it difficult to follow the tuturial when my acitons do not match up with what is on screen.

Message 6 of 9
wmhazzard

You can put the angle dimension on either side of the line, just drag you cursor where you want the dimension. 

left.JPGright.JPG

Message 7 of 9
jhackney1972

Good suggestion @wmhazzard  but I know @Tyr_DeWarr will not like this.  He wants the dynamic angle dimension, which occurs during the sketching of the line, to be on the left. @Tyr_DeWarr, Another suggestion is if you are trying to follow a tutorial, and you cannot do the subtraction in your head, enter (180-<the angle given>) for the angle on the right, it will be the same thing as if you entered it on the left.   See short screencast.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I there a mouse action for doing that?

Please see attached.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks! I'll use this as a workaround. I did not know about entering the arithmetic sums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report