Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbe Extruding Error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
erichkast
290 Views, 5 Replies

Newbe Extruding Error

Hello All, another newbe here.  Trying to do an extrusion but keep getting the error shown below.  Have been looking for hours and have not nailed down my error (could be searching incorrectly).  All the sketches are closed and can be extruded individually, just not all together.  I do have constraints on the sketch but I took those off and got the same error.  Any help of info pointing me in the right direction to correct this would be much appreciated.  Will attempt to figure out screencasting and try to post.

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
g-andresen
in reply to: erichkast

Hi,

You have to make sure that the rectangles are not only tangent to the circles in the center but intersect them. With Extend you could realize it.

günther

Message 3 of 6
erichkast
in reply to: g-andresen

Ahh that is likely the issue. I only lined up the rectangles tangentially.
Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
etfrench

Eliminate the multiple sketches, you can only extrude from  one sketch at a time.  Try extruding from Sketch25 in the attached file.

Note: It's a good practice to fully constrain your sketches.  It makes it much easier to make changes later.  I did a few in Sketch25, but more dimensions and constraints need to be added.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
erichkast
in reply to: etfrench

Thank you! @g-andresen  I ended up constraining the rectangles tangential to the very inner circle (bolt hole). That also made the support connection what I was looking for and the whole thing extruded perfectly.  @etfrench I like how you got all my sketches grouped together into sketch 25 which extruded great.  How did you combine all the sketches into one final sketch?

Message 6 of 6
etfrench

I just projected the individual lines and circles from your sketches.  Your original projections could have all been done into one sketch.  When doing this, it's best not to have overlapping lines.

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report