Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New design from template

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
erik
306 Views, 2 Replies

New design from template

So, the button "New Design From File" was removed as off late November (link). This slows down the workflow of using a template file for new designs even further. Previously I was suggested 3 workflows for creating new designs from a template. Now the only real solution seems to be: Open the template file and save it with a new name utilizing the "Save as" feature.

Am I the only using templates for new designs?

And, does anyone know if the feature of creating new designs from a template (which is possible in countless CAD programs) is a desired feature which the Fusion Team is considering implementing?

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Erik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: erik

They did the same with Export, used to be one click straight to the windows Save As dialog now it assumes you want to export to the cloud. Don't think they want us using the local file system so make it unuser friendly.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
erik
in reply to: HughesTooling

Well, I understand that they want to promote the cloud based workflow, but it still seems strange to me that design templates are not implemented..

I would be fine with the template file being located in the cloud, just like the drawing template. But not having the ability to set the template file for design files really fustrates me.

- Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report