Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with chamfer on enclosure please

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
salesMUBBN
325 Views, 6 Replies

Need help with chamfer on enclosure please

Hi,

I am laying up a small plastic enclosure FOB and somehow have dome something wrong at some point in my design. I am unable to chamfer the bottom of the base part. I keep getting error :  Chamfer could not be created at the requested size. This might be occurring at the ends of selected edges.

How can I fix this please?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: salesMUBBN

I isolated the Base Component from the assembly and created a Chamfer, on the bottom edge, using a Sweep of a triangle sketch.  The sketch is dimension as 2 mm per side right now but you can change it, within limits, as desire.  You can see the process in the attached file so you can add it to your linked model. 

Base Chamfer.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 7
salesMUBBN

Sorry, I meant underneath on the base outside, not the inside

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

You need to be more clear when you make a request.  The process is basically the same except for the corner beside the end tab.  This was done using surface patches and Combine, then mirror.  Model attached.

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask.

Outside Chamfer.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 7
salesMUBBN

I am new to Fusion 360 and have not used surface patches. Other designs I have done I could simply chamfer or fillet the edges as desired. What causes the need to use surface patches?

Message 6 of 7
salesMUBBN

I'm also having trouble finding the surface pacth command the menu system. Online tutorials show it under the workspace dropdown but I do not see it there.

Message 7 of 7
etfrench

The problem is the short line segment by the tab.

etfrench_1-1681437795928.png

I added tangent constraints at each end of the arc which made the endpoints of the arc inside the tab. The tab extrusion also had to be extended by editing the Extrude feature and making it two directions.

etfrench_0-1681437586456.png

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report