Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help creating t-spline form that is driven by parameterized sketch.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MatthewJScott
398 Views, 3 Replies

Need help creating t-spline form that is driven by parameterized sketch.

I am sure this is just me not being very good at Fusion 360, but I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out, watching videos, etc.

I have put together some sketches, that have many parameters to drive dimensions in all the ways I need.  I am very happy with the sketches.  I just can not for the life of me, figure out how to get a body from this.  I a pretty sure I want to use t-splines to get the curvature necessary and then convert into a body.  But I just can't figure out how to go from these sketches to the body.  General approach and direction as well as specifics would all be very helpful.

Here are a few shots of the sketch, you can see how it adjusts correctly.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 8.49.15 PM.png

and then tweak the parameters and everything changes.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 8.50.14 PM.png

Here are the basic operations that I need to do

1. add a "Cup" to the plane only over some portion.  I have curves defined in the sketch for this, and I have tried using them to extrude a t-spline, but couldn't get it connected with everything else correctly.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.38.06 PM.png

2. I do want to have a less steep "cup on the nose and tail" and have a curve defined for that.  But let's just keep this simple and ignore that for now.

3. Next, take the nose and tail, and at a very specific crease, bend them up some number of degrees, which again, I have in the sketch.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.39.05 PM.png

So, really, I have the sketch that works a I want.  Now I just need to create a body, add a cup to the board and then bend the nose and tail up.  I thought I could figure it out, but no luck.

Again, any advice / pointers / videos to go watch / anything.

Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: MatthewJScott

1. Use History modelling for Parametric control.

2. T-splines will not follow changing parametric curves.

3. Control the lines and tangent curves 1, 2 and 3 then surface loft and thicken that surface.

dt3pcat.PNG

Might help....

Message 3 of 4

Sorry it has taken a bit to mark this as the answer.  I was going to post pictures, but sill in the process of getting this all working, but this solution is going to be great.  Especially since the Loft can follow rails, which can get the curves I need in all directions.  

Thank you so much for your insight, great plan.  

Message 4 of 4
MatthewJScott
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Sorry it has taken a bit to mark this as the answer.  I was going to post pictures, but sill in the process of getting this all working, but this solution is going to be great.  Especially since the Loft can follow rails, which can get the curves I need in all directions.  

Thank you so much for your insight, great plan.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report