Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
688 Views, 2 Replies

moving sketch

Image 06-04-2017 at 21.41.jpg

Hi. Is there a way I can increase the space between my two sketch or easier to restart sketch again? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lokiidesigns
in reply to: Anonymous

If these are on two separate sketches I don't think you can excepting the following:

1. edit the second sketch and use project to reference some of the first sketch geometry i.e. the box. Then using the dimension tool you will be able to specify an offset
  2. you could redefine the plane of the second sketch by using right click on the sketch in the timeline. This would require the creation of another plane though in the location you require prior to redefining so that you can reference off of it. Easy to do if you jump around in the timeline and create some solid objects which you can then hide/ignore as the basis for your sketch planes.

If it is in the ones single sketch then:

1. the dimension you have shown between the two boxes will work so long as everything contained within the boxes is referenced and fully constrained appropriately. It looked like most of your lines were black so this should be right.
  2. If they are (somewhat) identical sketches albeit flipped you could edit the first sketch and use the mirror function from an arbitrary mirror point i.e. sketch line below at half the distance overall required. You can then select all of the lines and right click break link if you want to then make some edits or leave it constrained if they are identical. 

There are probably another few ways to achieve this as Fusion is somewhat flexible when you take into account the timeline and tools at your disposal.

Regards,

David
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you very much. i used the third option and that did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report