Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Only View Navigation: Pan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ben.ruppel
391 Views, 2 Replies

Mouse Only View Navigation: Pan

Hello, I think there is an argument to allow functionality with only the mouse hand.   Justifications would range between ergonomics and speed.

Right now I can zoom and orbit using only my mouse, but pan is my limiting factor.

Two ideas:

1) Allow pressing two mouse buttons together to activate "pan view".  I have seen this done on other software.

2) While zooming, the center of the screen when zooming in has a bias to move the camera position closer to where the mouse pointer is.  If that factor were increased (through a user option?), I could zoom out and zoom in very quickly with my scroll wheel to get the view "panned" to my target.  I have found this to be functional in many other software packages over the years. 

Some readers may find this to be a trivial matter, but please understand that I suffer from RSI and upper body musculoskeletal pain and that having options for input control would be very helpful to some in the community.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: ben.ruppel

You can have all the motions if you set Pan, Zoom and Orbit shortcuts to Tinkercad.  I am assuming you have a wheel mouse where the wheel is also the middle button. 

Zoom: Roll the wheel

Pan: Hold the wheel button down and drag your mouse

Orbit: Hold your right button down and drag your mouse.

TinkerCAD Preference.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ben.ruppel

I seem to have lost the ability to Pan using my standard three button mouse.

I'm running OS X Big Sur.

It was working yesterday, but I lost it some time after my morning coffee break--don't know what I did.

I think that mouse access to Pan was by clicking down on the wheel and moving the mouse--at least that's what my muscle memory tells my brain. When I do that now, I get nothing.

Currently, I've set the "Pan, Zoom and Orbit shortcuts" to Tinkercad.

Mouse button functionality is:

• Left button + Control: ORBIT
  • Right button + Control: ORBIT
  • Mousewheel: ZOOM
  • click-down/Mousewheel: ZOOM
  • all other button clicks result in Select Rect or Deselect Rect
  • no PAN

I've experimented with the other shortcuts in the preferences, an Apple Trackpad and a Magic Mouse 2. I've de-installed and re-installed the application. I've logged out, and even re-booted the computer several times. The only way I can access the Pan function is with the Pan button at the bottom of the Design window. This loss of button function is really slowing me down. Anyone else have this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report