Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Rectangular Pattern Incrementally

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gavin3PEHW
448 Views, 3 Replies

Modify Rectangular Pattern Incrementally

I have a component (a stick).  I want to create a rectangular patter of 5 of them (a row of sticks).  Each component  (stick) in the pattern needs to be a little shorter than the previous one (10% for instance).  The end result would be a row of sticks getting shorter from left to right, equally spaced.

I have created the rectangular pattern, but modifying any element modifies them all.  

I manually create each component using copy/paste new but that seems counter intuitive as I may wish to change the spacing at a later stage, which would mean a lot of fiddling with the individual components.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: gavin3PEHW

You can do what you had planed originally but the only difference is you will create a sketch, in the top level of the assembly, that contains a rectangular pattern of points.  You will use these points to place you components use Rigid Joints in position.  You can then edit the individual components to the lengths you desire.  Later on you can go back to the assembly sketch and change the sketch pattern spacing as needed.  Model is attached.

Assembly Sketch.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4
etfrench
in reply to: gavin3PEHW

This thread from way back may help.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
gavin3PEHW
in reply to: jhackney1972

Accepting this as my solution as it requires less re-work on my part and also matched my current ability with Fusion 360.  The harmonica example below may be a more elegant long-term prospect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report