Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model vs reality => rotate

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
VGBenjamin
280 Views, 6 Replies

Model vs reality => rotate

Hello,

I have create a model of my piece an printed it:

VGBenjamin_0-1654675770492.png

But of course real live is different and the hole in the wall is not correct at all (don't ask why)

VGBenjamin_1-1654675831847.png

VGBenjamin_2-1654675845444.png

As you see I need to rotate the part that goes into the wall but honestly I don't find exactly how to rotate it into the tree directions at the same time.

VGBenjamin_3-1654676085945.png

So I have to move the modify to take this reallity but honestly I am lost on the procedure to do it. If someone have the time to help on it I have attached the model. I will really appreciate!

VGBenjamin_4-1654676240745.png

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wmhazzard
in reply to: VGBenjamin

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

Screenshot 2022-06-08 092335.jpg

Message 3 of 7
VGBenjamin
in reply to: wmhazzard

@wmhazzard  Oh no sorry.

It is the opposite I would like to keep the top part but just change the orientation of the tube (the bottom part) to enter into the wall with the correct angle like this the external part (the one on the photo) will be flush with the wall.

VGBenjamin_0-1654702832267.png

Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 4 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

What then happens to the belt at the transition between the two elements?

günther

Message 5 of 7
wmhazzard

One way is to sweep your tube profile along a path. 

It would be a good idea if you go through some beginner videos to better learn the software. It is bad practice to move things around. Sketches also need to be fully defined. 

Message 6 of 7
VGBenjamin
in reply to: wmhazzard

Yes, ok thank you. Just one more question how do you compute the angle for the path exactly do you have an easy way to do it?

Message 7 of 7
wmhazzard

I measured the angle in your sketch 9 and created a sketch with the same angle, I did the same for sketch 8, I then created a third sketch and projected an intersection curve to combine the two angled lines which was used to sweep the tube profile. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report