Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Create Commands from Patch Mode

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SeanKane88
271 Views, 1 Reply

Missing Create Commands from Patch Mode

Hi,

I seem to have a number of missing "Create" commands from my patch mode toolbar. Does anybody know how I can fix this? Currently I only have "Patch" and "Loft":

360 Screenshot 2.png

The video at the following link Create Surface Bodies with Sketch Features shows that I should have approximately 10 or so options as per the following screenshot:

Video Screenshot.png

I have a hobbyist edition of Fusion360 and am using Windows 8.1 Professional, if it matters.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joel.palioca
in reply to: SeanKane88

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion that you are seeing.  The video you are looking at is a video that was created prior to us changing a lot of our UI, but these commands are still accessable.  To get yourself to a point where you can access these commands, what you can do is leverage our base feature command.

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 11.41.42 AM.png

What this will do is put you in a direct modeling environment that will give you the commands you are looking for.

A couple notes around what is happening.  Inside of Fusion we have two different ways to model, Direct modeing and Parametric.  What you are doing when you create a base feature is we give you access to the direct modeling commands but all of the parameters that are normally part of a parametric model aren't with it.  You can exit the base feature with the Finish Base feature command.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report