Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis Classified Graph Preventing Radius Along Spline Edge

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
moonco26
184 Views, 3 Replies

Mis Classified Graph Preventing Radius Along Spline Edge

I am trying to put a radius along the highlighted edge. The shape is defined by a fixed spline before being extruded. What can I be done to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
laughingcreek
in reply to: moonco26

offsetting fit point splines, and projecting curve edges into sketches are both problematic b/c they tend to degrade the curve quality, often to the point that things like fillet can't be  done on bodies made from these sketches.

I initially assumed this was the source of the issue since you did this in your sketches. 

turns out the problem was that mirror.  your mirroring the rib back on to itself, and you don't appear to actually be changing any geometry with it.  this seems to be confusing fusion.  when you suppress it (after removing it from the pattern), you can get at least a bit of a fillet on that edge-

v

laughingcreek_0-1721235422400.png

if you need the fillet any bigger, you'll have to fix the sketch that creates this sliver of a face, as it's is preventing the fillet from getting any larger-

laughingcreek_1-1721235490280.png

Message 3 of 4
moonco26
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thank you for your help! This project has been a challenge due to these splines. These parts fit over an existing part and need to match as closely as possible while retaining the ability to be injection molded.

Message 4 of 4
jhackney1972
in reply to: moonco26

If @laughingcreek Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon at the bottom of his post to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask. If you like to read why "Accept Solutions are important, take a look at this webpage.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report