Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh to BREP - poor results

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
247 Views, 1 Reply

Mesh to BREP - poor results

Hi,

I have been attempting to convert a digital scanned image (both obj and stl files). I can  import either file into F360.  I watched Kevin Kennedy's YouTube lessons on just this issue. The problem I have is being able to convert to a BREP mesh.  The shell body can be selected to reduce the mesh count to 20000, after that  the BREP conversion fails to allow a selection of the mesh body, reduce mesh count to 10000, BREP conversion fail to select, reduce mesh count to 5000 and BREP again fails.  I earlier was able to do a BREP on and earlier digital scan but even on smaller parts, BREP  fails.  What is happening here?  This is driving me crazy.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you provide at least a screenshot of the geometry ?

Reducing the facets for conversion into BRep is not a workflow I personally find acceptable, but it depends on the geometry. Also, when referencing a YouTube video, could you provide a link to it ?

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report