Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a variable pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1001 Views, 4 Replies

Make a variable pattern

Hello everyone,
I am looking for an option in fusion which would allow me to realize a pattern of a sketch but with the possibility to modify the size/ area / of the patterns results? (so to used a variable patterns tools)
Is it possible to do that in fusion? 
Robin

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

Use dimensions and user parameters to change sizes.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Hello, 
Thanks for your answer but i don't really understand what you meant. Because when you do a pattern its not possible to modify the dimension of the patter objects without modify the first one...or maybe i just don't know how to do it...  ^^

Message 4 of 5
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

The items in a pattern are clones of the first one.  Changing any of the items, clones or original, will change all of the items.  You can remove the pattern constraint and then edit each item, but you lose the parametric ability. 

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

Hum yes and that what i want to keep, because i want to do a parametric conception with a variable pattern in it... I know that in SolidWorks it's possible to do that, which is why i was thinking it is possible to do the same in Fusion.. i found this Add In but it didn't work (well for me)..:  https://github.com/tapnair/Variable-Pattern 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report