Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a second version of enclosure design

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Evert_2N3055
334 Views, 5 Replies

Make a second version of enclosure design

If have designed a Pcb with Fusion electronics. This pcb has a nice enclosure, off course also designed in Fusion.

Now will there be 2 versions of the Pcb, one with the a connector straight and one with the same connector on a angle.

Enclosure is now designed with the straight connector, but I want make now the same enclosure with the second version of the pcb with angled connector.

What is the best workflow to have 2 different version's of almost the same enclosure. Drawing the enclosure again in a new project is a bit of time waist.

Preferable other changes in the enclosure will be applied to both versions.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Evert_2N3055

If you have access to Configurations, you would make both cutouts, and show one at the time.

if not, Copy / Paste new.  And alter the cut out, hiding each component respectively.

Might help….

Message 3 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Evert_2N3055

My idea would be used before you create any connector in the Base Box.  You would Derive the Base Box into a new file, and add you specific connector and then save it as a first connector box.  You would then repeat the process for the second connector box.  This method is logical to use if you ever intend to make changes to the Base Box later on.  If you do, the Derived boxes will update automatically.  You can of course Break the Link if desire to make either box independent.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Evert_2N3055
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks John for the explanation and supporting video.

This workflow is exactly what I'm was looking for.

Message 5 of 6

@Evert_2N3055 wrote:

This workflow is exactly what I'm was looking for.

How would you know that without having tried what @davebYYPCU suggested?

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Experience

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report