Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac touchpad unusable

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2026 Views, 3 Replies

Mac touchpad unusable

Trying to use F360 on my Macbook Air for the first time, and the fact that pinch-zoom is enabled means that most drag operations result in zoom/pan/rotate view. 

Is it possible to disable pinch zooming on Mac? This is pretty frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

Which model are you using?

...and yes you can disable it from the prefrences.

gestures.png

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 4
lure23
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Kevin, 

I didn't think "Use gesture based view navigation" had anything to do with touchpads. The word "gesture" is currently so widely used I'd suggest Fusion 360 team to consider some other phrasing, like "Use pinch-to-zoom on touchpad". Or remove the pinching completely.

I share adamohern's frustration with the touchpad. Also I would like double-finger movement to zoom (not to pan, as currently).

I noticed ctrl-double-finger zooms, but no-one uses ctrl with touchpad gestures (that I know of). So users won't expect to try it, either.

- change the mouse pointer to a grabber hand when panning, and move it along the pan (now arrow cursor which does not move)

Please compare the user interface with some good, similar programs on Macs (including Autodesk's own) and how they use the touchpad. We users like consistency (but... not with iPhoto).

OpenSCAD:

- double-finger light movement: zooming (up/left=in, down/right=out)

- double-finger movement while pressing the touchpad: panning

- one-finger movement while pressing the touchpad: rotate

- pinching has no effect

Those feel rather natural, but I prefer gestures without needing to press the touchpad down.

Google Earth:

- double-finder light movement: zooming (up=in, down=ou t)

- pinching has no effect

- press one finger down, move another: panning

The "press one finger down, move another" for panning is really nice, btw. I have the feeling I've used it in something else as well. (Yep, it's the way one 'paints' a section of text in Safari, for example. Use it.)

Maybe some of these can be in the preferences, but making the defaults good, comfortable and intuitive should be the primary target.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: lure23

Seems fine for me, after I changed the prefs... the tool IS touchy to work with, due to the many gestures one can do... but one must be careful of abesent minded touches.

Perhaps just some simple setting to turn various gestures off? I find the tool very useful... and get around quite well...

...NO MICE! Cat Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report