Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lump mass(zero element) simulation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
shantidass
361 Views, 5 Replies

Lump mass(zero element) simulation

Hi,

I want ask whether it is possible to use Lump mass method to do force analysis simulation, this is for my client payload model. My client suggest to create a lump mass (0D element) to represent payload( due it be complicated) and then link that element to platform attachment points via rigid links/connections. They say that it will make simulation work more easier and faster.

However, I don't know whether this is even a viable method to do simulation with in fusion 360 because i have never done it before . So i want to check if this is method is even possible and is there such thing as exporting model in lump mass format.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: shantidass

@shantidass 

Hello and welcome to the forum!

@henderh do you have any insights on this?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
henderh

Hi @shantidass,

I believe a Remote Force load can fulfill the requirement. It can be used to represent a load from complex geometry, or geometry that isn't included in the model. It uses rigid links to transfer the load (force and implicit moment) to the selected faces of the modeled geometry.

remote_force.png

If you're only interested in the effects of weight from the complex geometry or geometry not included in the model, the analysis can be simplified by representing it using a point mass.

Neither of these methods require creating Rigid Body Connectors manually. The Rigid Body Connectors are added automatically in a Remote Force. In a Point Mass, the loads from the weight are applied directly to the selected faces.

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 4 of 6
shantidass
in reply to: henderh

Hi Hugh Henderson,

Thanks for the solutions and advice, but i just want to check whether my client suggestion and the idea of creating zero element model to joint to payload load in fusion is viable or not. I don't need really a solutions but i thank you for it. I just need whether it possible or not.
Message 5 of 6
CGBenner

@henderh Hello, just wondering if you saw this latest response from @shantidass ?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 6 of 6
henderh

Hi @shantidass,

Please let us know if you have any questions about using the suggested approaches.

Best regards,

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report