Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft between circular curves

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Claus_J
750 Views, 4 Replies

Loft between circular curves

Hello,

in the attached I want to create a loft between the two highlighted blue semi circular curves using the edges of the two surfaces as guides. My problem is that the bottom profile consist of two seperate curves while the top profile is a single curve. Normally I would just join the two bottom curves to create a single one but Fusion does not allow joining curves. So I could cut the top profile in half but is there another solution?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: Claus_J

Hi,

try this:

2 rail loft.png

günther

Message 3 of 5
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Claus_J

The two curves sketch of the file (both sides) are not connected with coincident connections, at their common end points (minute error)

common problem with projected geometry.

Edit sketch, break link, window select the centre connection and make coincident.

Loft both sides of the arc sketch (almost like a patch surface.  (Highlighted)

vpgb1.PNG

Hide the sketched lines, and use the edge of your new surface as profile to complete the loft.

vpgb.PNG

Hide Remove etc.

Might help....

Message 4 of 5
Claus_J
in reply to: g-andresen

Günther, that was almost too easy 🙂

Thanks for helping out!

Claus

Message 5 of 5
Claus_J
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Dave, that was the trick I was looking for. I wanted to somehow select several curves as a single profile input.

Thanks!

Claus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report