Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking version number for ISO 9000 documentation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Bertho_Boman
264 Views, 5 Replies

Locking version number for ISO 9000 documentation

When I create a part and it is finalized, I generate a 2D drawing including the final revision number and part number.

Then I go to the manufacturing tab and generate CNC tool paths.

When saving the tool paths, the version number changes!!  The part dimensions and drawing references are still the same so the version number ought to be fixed. 

Changing anything relating to manufacturing changes the version number.

Maybe there should be an added M#:  version # + manufacturing #.  For example: v7-m3.  The version would stay fixed, just the M number would increment for different setups.

How are people handling this problem?  Am I missing something obvious?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: Bertho_Boman

After you created your model, drawing and also create your manufacturing toolpaths and then save the model.  This will create a version in the data panel that you want to preserve.  Close the model and drawing.  Open the Data Panel and right click your mouse on the three dots beside the latest version and select "Create Milestone".  Give is a recognizable name and select Create Milestone in the dialog box.  This will not prevent new versions from being created but the version with the Milestone can be opened whenever you desire to take you back to the version you needed to preserve.  It will contain the toolpaths and the drawing related to if needed.

Create Milestone.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6

I believe the Autodesk Fusion Manage Extension would help with these efforts. 

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Bertho_Boman
in reply to: Bertho_Boman

Thank you.  Unfortunately that is an expensive option for resolving the problem.

Message 5 of 6
Bertho_Boman
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thank you John,

I will try the milestone option.

Message 6 of 6

@Bertho_Boman wrote:

Thank you.  Unfortunately that is an expensive option for resolving the problem.

Yup!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report