Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update issues.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ProExtra
428 Views, 7 Replies

Latest update issues.

Hi Fusion team,

The latest update you forced on me has some issues.

All of my files are no longer listed in alphabetical order, but rather just some random pattern.

Being that I can't search for a folder, only a file name, this is almost impossible to locate what I need.

I have also asked in the past that it would be nice to search for files by typing in a letter - much like is done in windows explorer.

Also, your latest update has reset a lot of my "user default" settings and changed a lot of the icons on my screen.

Need this fixed ASAP, or better yet, how about you introduce a 'rollback' feature.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: ProExtra

You can probably solve the first issue, about random order of files, by clicking on the indicated areas in the Data Panel.

Sort by Name.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

@jhackney1972 post on the sort should resolve one of the issues. 

Regarding "Also, your latest update has reset a lot of my "user default" settings and changed a lot of the icons on my screen." Can you give more details on what icons were changed? As part of this update Fusion went from Autodesk Fusion 360 to Autodesk Fusion. We did change our Fusion icons to drop the 360. Is that what you are referring to? 

Would be good to understand the user defaults. is this all your preferences? Was everything reset for you? Do you use Fusion on multiple machines?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 8

The icons on the ribbons have changed. There are some new ones and others have moved.

This in itself isn't a big issue, but it's EVERY single time there is an update, my settings and layout changes.

Then 3 days later there is a new 'update' to fix your mistakes, and then the same a week later again. Each time, my icons change.

Again, not a big deal, but it gets crazy frustrating when every morning you come into your office and someone has moved all the furniture around again.

It's all fixed now. The easiest , but most time consuming way is to just completely un-install Fusion and then do a complete re-install. I'm getting pretty adept at doing this now as its a 6 weekly exercise.

Message 5 of 8
ProExtra
in reply to: ProExtra

Hi Team,

Found another fault.

Where have all my templates gone that I've spent so long getting right?

Not to worry, Fusion has made another change which means i have to waste hours scouring the internet to find a solution to a problem that never existed.

STOP CHANGING SETTINGS!!!!

Message 6 of 8

@ProExtra Certainly understand your frustration but at the same time happy to connect with you and understand what could be going on here on your machine. These are not common issues we hear about after our updates and hence would be really curious on what I happening here:

1. To start with we do have a snooze feature that you can snooze an update for 3 or 14 Fays depending on license type. 

2. The icons on the ribbons have changed. There are some new ones and others have moved.- Would love to get some more information on this. Is there an image that you can capture to show what changed? 

3. Regarding the templates disappearing are these your drawings templates or what other templates? To understand what is going on we could backup your folders before doing an update and then see what is happening on your machine specifically that they are going away.

4. Do you also work on multiple machines? 

Once again our apologies that you are frustrated but happy to connect and maybe even get a few of our engineers on a call to do a screen share session during an update to see what is happening. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 8

@RajkumarIlanchelian 

1) I am aware of the snooze function, I usually wait until a Saturday afternoon after work to do the update. This gives me all day on Sunday to try and fix all the problems

2) I've all ready managed to reset everything back to how it was so I'm unable to send any screenshots etc.

3) Templates - It's the manufacturing or CAM templates that have gone. I've been able to reload them from exported hard copies on my computer.

4) Only work on a single machine. One is challenging enough, the thought of introducing another terrifies me.

No need for an engineering or screen share session, I've been able to undo all the update changes and revert things back to how I had them. It's incredibly infuriating having to do this sort of thing over and over.

Message 8 of 8

@ProExtra Ok. Let us know if you encounter the layout issue again and we can look int what could have happened. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report