Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a heads up what the (near) future may hold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
452 Views, 2 Replies

Just a heads up what the (near) future may hold

Didn't want to put this in the feature request, as it's not an immediate thing.  But could you imagine using this up and coming product integrated with Fusion 360?!  It received over a million dollars through Kickstarter, was invented and developed almost single handedly by a generally self taught female engineer, and is now starting to ship to Kickstarter backers and application developers.  It's called CastAR, and I like this older video of someone trying an old version of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFr7ogHT4wY

What a great way to visualize (and walk around) and precisely interact with your design space!  It also comes with a wand that can precisely manipulate virtual objects in physical 3D space.  I see coupling all this at some point with Fusion 360 generating a lot of excitement, and also being pretty darn useful.

Well for the time being I have to focus on getting my plastic injection molding system going for a "simple" product, but look forward to coming back to this great place once that's going and really focusing on Fusion 360 and some of the stuff I mentioned before.

Let's all change the world! (that's such an overused slogan, but still, you guys are actually doing it)   

Jesse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
O.Tan
in reply to: Anonymous

Long time to go I'll say as right now unless their SDK is unified or something, I doubt software manufacturers would be keen to add support, as of right now, I already know of Oculus, HoloLens, another one which I can't remember the name and now CastAR. Microsoft one seem to have the most promise as it has the funds for further research and marketing IMHO and Satya seems to be like the CEO that will make big changes at Microsoft.

As a step before AR (my approx is in a decade or two), would be nice to see a touch optimized UI with the priority given for pen based inputs

Omar Tan
Malaysia
Mac Pro (Late 2013) | 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 | 12GB 1.8 GHz DDR3 ECC | Dual 2GB AMD FirePro D300
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2016) | 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 16GB 2.1 GHz LPDDR3 | 4GB AMD RadeonPro 460
macOS Sierra, Windows 10

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: O.Tan

Yeah it's hard to say, I was just super excited of that whole real 3D drawing concept, especially as a tool to get more of the general public interested in design.  Come to think of it though, it's somewhat gimmicky I suppose.  As apposed to just solid software design which is what Fusion 360 is accomplishing, and the real tangible world of CAM.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report