Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint not quite where I want it.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
evanp4509U4JZ
161 Views, 3 Replies

Joint not quite where I want it.

I am trying to joint an inserted, fusion generated part to the origin of another fusion project. After the joint the distance from the end surfaces of the imported part to the origin planes is off by a small amount, about 3 or 4 decimals down the line. Upon different attempts the X or Y axis or both has the discrepancy. It is totally unimportant to this project but I am curious why what I assume to be the center snap point of the inserted part or the snap to the origin of the native part is not quite what I think it is.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I think your created Point is a bit off center.  Take a look at the attached model and compare the point I created to yours.

Point Difference.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 4

I see the error. That point was created from projected geometry using center points of the projected sides. Upon examination I see the sides are not tangent to the corner radii.

When I created the joint I had the sketches in the inserted component turned off. Will it still select geometry in a turned off sketch?

I just went back to the original file, deleted the joint, activated the top component, turned off all sketches in the top and inserted components, and created the joint using the snaps the joint menu gave and it is off by .00242847". Totally immaterial for this part but I was wondering why the snaps with the sketches turned off created a slightly uneven joint.

Message 4 of 4

In you model, if I attempt the joint with the sketch in the inserted component turned off, the joint is uneven. If I attempt the joint with the sketch in the inserted component turned on, the joint is even. What is it snapping to with the sketch turned off?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report