Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso drawing shows offseted edges.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kris.chlapek
287 Views, 5 Replies

Iso drawing shows offseted edges.

Hi Guys

Very hard to describe but when I`m creating SHADED view drawing, the VISIBLE EDGEs are somehow offsetted at the bottom of the drawing.

Screenshot (20221222-111948).jpg

Cannot work out how?

Thanks for any help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lucasliraAU
in reply to: kris.chlapek

Hi, @kris.chlapek 

Screenshot 2022-12-22 114941.jpg

I've been taking a look at your file, it looks like a bug in Fusion 360, I tried to model the product again but I get the same error.
What I discovered is that you can rotate the object and distribute the dimensions on the horizontal drawing, this can make your work easier.

Here's the file if you want to perform some editing!

If I managed to help you, don't forget to complete this event as a (solution)!

Thanks and have a great day!

Lucas Lira - Fusion 360 Technologies, Design and Applications - Autodesk Hub Diamond

Direct contact at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucaslirasantos/
VEX Robotics Engineering in Brazil - https://www.vexforum.com/u/lucas_lira/summary

Main Researcher and Technology Applications in Nerd Factory - https://www.fabricadenerdes.com/
Message 3 of 6

@kris.chlapek,

This is happening due to the chrome Appearance you applied to the shaft. 

Once I changed the appearance to Steel, and created the drawing, it was normal. 

rushabhthakkar_910_1-1671731827815.png

rushabhthakkar_910_2-1671731857825.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Guys. Should I report this as a bug? clearly there is an issue. Or is there an autodesk guy who checks the posts forums and takes notes?

Cheers

Message 5 of 6

@kris.chlapek, I don't know why chrome is not behaving the way it should in your file, but I tried a random part, and it works as expected. 

(With Steel)

rushabhthakkar_910_0-1671769613281.png

(With Chromium)

rushabhthakkar_910_1-1671769662300.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 6 of 6
rapidfil
in reply to: kris.chlapek

Hi,
I'm getting the same Symptom with the stainless steel appearance. Its happening in a lot of drawings and across hundreds of files and so far just ignored it.

If i have to switch appearance to steel that would be a pain.

The issue seems like there is a slight difference in scaling on the visible edges compared to the shaded model that revolves around the view origin (or some arbitrary) point as across the view the difference gets worse. *speculation* Perhaps an old scaling factor hard coded as a hack fix for something else that has since been changed and since. 

It seems to be especially bad in views created from a storyboard in the animation workspace ( as shown in the picture )(I tend to use iso & shaded views more in this way so take this difference with a grain of salt) but also happens from design, as with OP. Also same as OP it only happens in isometric views and not in ortho or section views. Also it seems that the scaling happens in the "model coordinates" as smaller parts have a less noticeable offset around the edges, even when scaled to be the same size on the page.

rapidfil_0-1720483258718.pnglarge assembly has significant scaling top of this view the edges seem to align and it gets worse as you go down.

rapidfil_1-1720484247364.pngthis is a smaller part of the model and it shows no or not noticeable edge alignment issues.

This is in Fusion 2.0.19440 x86_64

Best of luck with this issue.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report