Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a fast way to mirror into quadrants?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chmed
1151 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a fast way to mirror into quadrants?

As I've been learning Fusion I'm finding myself doing a lot of stuff in rectangles where I need to put the same features in each corner or relative to a crossed set of midlines.  I've haven't found a way to mirror and then mirror again without reselecting both the original features and the mirrored items.  I guess this mostly pertains to the sketch world.  The pattern controls are pretty cool but without getting into some formula work, I'm not sure how to reference a mirror line and make it quick.  Is there an intended method for doing this kind of thing?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michallach81
in reply to: chmed

For things that are already symmetric (circles, rectangles) you may try circular pattern with 4 instances on full 360 revolve.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 3 of 5
chmed
in reply to: michallach81

I'm not sure I completely follow.   But if I'm understanding you correctly, I think all the items would have to be 90 degrees from each other around a center point.  Take this piece of sketching for instance.  The small circle in the upper left is what I wanted to mirror around the vertical and horizontal center lines.  I tried a circular pattern around the center point but they don't land in the correct places.  I tried a rectangular pattern and set the distances with a measure tool and then stretched them to match my dimensions.  But if I move this spot of geometry, they end up in the wong places.  Mirror about the cross lines is the correct constraint but that means 2 operations and selecting half the holes again for the second operation.  This example is very simple and doing 2 mirrors is as easy as anything else but if there were a dozen holes and they had to go to the far corners of a large rectangle then it would be a lot more work and time.  I must be missing something.  

8e9ceb0e8d683922eeb22f65a314a14b.png

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: chmed

have you found a solution?

Message 5 of 5
chmed
in reply to: Anonymous

No.  I've pretty much accepted that Fusion 360 isn't a refined product yet.  If I can find a way to do something, I should be thankful I found a way at all. And for many things, it could be a lot worse... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report