Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sketch a isosceles trapezium

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1481 Views, 5 Replies

How to sketch a isosceles trapezium

image.jpg

 I am a beginner for fusion 360. I would like to sketch the enclosed trapezium. What is the simple and best way to do it? Pls let me know the step-by-step. Thanks. — simon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sanjana.shankar.goli
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Please find the screencast here.

sanjanashankargoli_0-1632368367499.png

Note: The construction line is drawn by snapping to the center of the line (inverted triangle indicates midpoint of line).

Sanjana Goli
Customer Technical Success
Fusion 360 Webinars | Tips and Best Practices | Troubleshooting
Message 3 of 6

Adding to this, you can use temp/construction lines at the ends to specify the differing edge lengths. Alternately, you can set specific angles at the corners. Feel free to overlap lines and clean up after with the trim tool, a real time saver. Building on a center construction line is really helpful for this type of sketching.
Message 4 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a quick way staring from a rectangle. Few less constraints in this version, always keep the symmetry constraints to a minimum as they can slow the sketch solver.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Just noticed I forgot to add a vertical constraint to the construction line in the screencast.

HughesTooling_0-1632388758830.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Great, thank you for sharing.

Regards,

Simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report