Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sharpen a chisel?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mark33.in.oz
254 Views, 1 Reply

How to sharpen a chisel?

Hey folks.

More out of interest, I am trying to use F360 to learn about the distances needed to sharpen a chisel.

Given:

The angle at the end of the chisel is a nominal 25-30 degrees.   Let's call it 27.5.

So the chisel is presented to the wheel to create a concave arc of about 2 cm.   (Nominal)

The thickness of the chisel body is maybe 7 mm

So I am stuck with how to make the model of that.

Given a wheel can be 20cm DIAMETER when I try to do it, I get a width of about 40mm.

Here are a couple of real early efforts of starting to draw it.   But I am tripping over.

You can see how I have made a chisel body (first picture) and you can see the concave arc.

But to get that, the diameter is only 20mm.   That's a bit off 20 cm.

With all that, I then need to set a second reference point where the chisel holder pivots.  (Third picture)

Then......   I can measure the distance from the edge of the wheel to the pivot point, and derive the distance through the chisel needs to go to get the angle.  (27.5 in this example)

But I am just not getting it.

Chisel Angle arc distance.pngChisel Angle.png

Chisel pivot example.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
davebYYPCU
in reply to: mark33.in.oz

Not sure what else you need, distance from top of the wheel?chisel.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report